By: DeAnna Brooks, Client Success Specialist at LBMC Technology Solutions
The customer is one of the most critical pieces of a business. For any organization to succeed in the long run, it is important to have a loyal base of customers, which can only be achieved through meeting and exceeding their expectations.
Client retention is a challenge for many companies in today’s competitive landscape. Clients have many choices on where they conduct business, and leveraging today’s available tools to increase retention and satisfaction is key. Technology continues to change the way organizations interact with their clients. Read on to see how a business can easily satisfy clients and increase internal efficiencies.
Build Sustainable Relationships with CRM
2018 has been dubbed the “year of the customer” …customer loyalty and building lasting relationships is increasingly critical to an organization. And when you acknowledge that retaining new customers costs five times less than seeking new ones, it really is a win-win situation.
It’s important to find out what matters to your customers — their goals, challenges, and preferences — at the end of every exchange and make sure your team employs a follow-up activity. Recording these notes in CRM is important, so your team can pick up right where the last left off, creating a seamless customer experience.
CRM can help you explore your client’s challenges, engage with relevancy to make appropriate recommendations and provide information that is relevant to their business interests at the right time.
Improve Retention with Content Services
As any business leader knows, customer retention is directly impacted by the quality of customer service. But providing exemplary customer service is not always easy, especially when it comes to disconnected systems. Back in March 2018, LBMC Technology Solutions spoke about how Content Services can increase customer retention. Content Services software, such as OnBase by Hyland or Square 9, can help you reconnect the dots within your organization, allowing you to focus on what’s important: the customer. Content Services can increase retention by:
- Providing visibility into processes
- Make information easily available to better serve your client
- Makes your systems work anywhere your client is
- Increase your organization's productivity
Technologically Driven Customer Experiences
There have been some fascinating technologies that have emerged over the last five years that have helped improve the interactions between client and business, and these technologies will only improve. Below are some of our favorites:
- Chatbots: These virtual web assistants can fulfill a client’s request almost instantly, and are often programmed with a cheeky sense of humor. Chatbots are easy to deploy and can provide instant support via web, mobile app, or instant messenger.
- Data Analytics: 57% of consumers are willing to share personal data with companies, as long as they promise to send personalized offers and discounts, according to a recent survey by Salesforce. With this immense amount of data gathered by businesses through various activities, it is important to analyze this data and delivering better experiences to their clients.
- Artificial Intelligence: With the help of artificial intelligence tools, organizations can increase process automation and initiate conversations that are relevant to the individual customer. AI is improving customer support and improving decision-making capabilities through automation. AI helps the service team to provide proactive and actionable responses to customers quickly, improving the customer experience.
LBMC Technology Solutions can help you put the systems in place to maximize your client experience initiatives. Looking for more answers? Contact us today, we’d be happy to help!