Microsoft no longer invests in the development or enhancement of Management Reporter for GP (or SL). This means that no new functionality or “large features” will be added. Microsoft has stated that:
- Management Reporter is the preferred financial reporting solution for Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, and SL.
- Management Reporter will continue to be supported through the lifecycle of the ERP versions it ships with.
For the many Dynamics GP or SL clients, who may be experiencing issues with Management Reporter or even still using MR’s predecessor, FRx, the question is, “What’s next?”
Microsoft Dynamics GP users have other options:
- Continue to use Management Reporter with its current functionality. Some even love FRx enough to continue to use the latest version of FRx with GP2018, although it is not technically supported, does work.
- Migrate to Jet Reports. Jet was originally thought to be the next logical step away from MR/FRx however it’s now only one of several choices we have.
- Migrate to a different third-party reporting software such as BI360, Adaptive Insights, or Prophix, to name a few
- Consider Microsoft Power BI. Power BI, which you probably have heard of by now, is now a great option for Dynamics GP users. In fact, GP2018 has prebuilt hooks to the Power BI cloud platform. Power BI comes in two flavors…free and paid. Most users will want the features of the paid monthly subscription, which is only $9.99 per user per month today.
Continuing with Management Reporter (or even FRx)
Microsoft will continue to support the product, but nothing will be added or improved upon. This means what you have today is what you will continue to have. If this works for you, great! However, if you are currently experiencing issues with Management Reporter, or its functionality does not meet your needs, please continue to read.
Migrate to Jet Reports
Jet Reports offers three functionality models with associated pricing.
- Jet Basics for Dynamics GP is a no-cost extension included with Microsoft Dynamics GP to give users a simple way to create basic reports and business queries. 20 pre-built reports are included with Jet Basics, including consolidations.
- Jet Reports is a flexible financial and business reporting solution inside Excel that allows Dynamics users to get the operational data they need in a format that works for them. 45 pre-built reports come with Jet Reports for use with Dynamics GP, along with all of the Jet Basic features. Mobile and web access along with budgeting are also part of Jet Reports.
- Jet Analytics is a corporate analytics and reporting platform that delivers fast and flexible dashboards and financial reports in Excel and online. With 60 pre-built reports and dashboards, Jet Analytics is to go to choice for operational and business intelligence.
Migrate to a Reporting Software such as BI360
- BI360 is an Excel add-in that allows you to build reports with drag-and-drop simplicity and out-of-the-box integration with Dynamics GP (or SL), as well as other major ERP systems.
- BI360 has live integrations to all Dynamics GP modules natively.
- BI360 can turn your reports into input forms with minimal work and then provide the forms to your managers in Excel format.BI360 seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Power BI so you have the best of all options with a higher-end solution like BI360, from Solver.
Microsoft Power BI
If you have not seen Power BI yet, you’re missing some great technology from Microsoft. They hit a home run with this tool and the seamless integration to your Dynamics ERP solution. Watch for our upcoming webinars on how Power BI might be your next reporting solution.
Assistance with Exploring your Options
The beauty of technology is that it is constantly changing to stay relevant for your industry or vertical. LBMC is always available to assist you with navigating the future of your financial reporting needs. We offer experience with many financial reporting packages that are compatible with Dynamics GP or Dynamics SL. Depending on your needs, it may be a good idea to invest in one of these solutions to bring enhancements and additional functionality to your Dynamics ERP system.
LBMC Technology Solutions is happy to help you assess your needs and implement a solution. Start a conversation today with LBMC Technology Solutions and find out just how much your business has to gain.